Easter BreadCourse: BreadDifficulty: Medium, Not tested
1 package dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oleo
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs beaten
4-5 cups flour
1 tablespoon oil
- Scald milk, stir in sugar and oleo. Cool to lukewarm.
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in milk mixture and beaten eggs. Add 1/2 of the flour. Stir and add remaining flour.
- In a separate bowl, lightly oil and turn over mixture. Cover bowl lightly with wax paper and cloth. Let rise approximately 30 minutes.
- Make six balls. Rollout in long rolls – take three and twist like braid onto baking sheet. Repeat. Let rise again 45 min. Brush tops with beaten egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350*. Makes two loaves.