Sauerkraut BallsCourse: AppetizerDifficulty: Easy
1 medium onion
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup ground or finely minced cooked ham
1 cup ground or finely minced corned beef
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
3 Tablespoons finely minced parsley
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cups sauerkraut, drained and finely chopped
Approximately 2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup beef stock
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Saute onion in butter until tender. Add ham and corned beef and cook about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic salt, mustard, parsley, pepper, sauerkraut, 1/2 cup flour and beef stock. Mix well. Cook 10 minutes, stirring often. Spread on platter to cool.
- Shape into 1″ balls. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Roll balls in remaining flour, dip in beaten egg and roll in bread crumbs. Refrigerate one hour.
- Fry in deep fat until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- If frozen, heat at 425* for 10-15 minutes.